“Personal Information” means and includes all information that can be linked to a specific individual and/ or entity or to identify any individual and/ or entity, such as name, address, mailing address, telephone number, e – mail address and any and all details that may be requested while any user visits or uses the Website. Personal Information includes any and all information received by us from you, whether such information is received by email, online forms, telephone, facsimile, mail or otherwise. We store this information to improve the level of service to you. We endeavour to safeguard user’s Personal Information to ensure that the same is kept private. However, we cannot guarantee the security of user’s Personal Information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user’s Personal Information at any time.
- When entering information on the Website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name , email address, mailing address, mobile number, age or other details as required by us to improve the website, to contact you and respond to your information requests, managing our relationships with you, clients etc,.
- When you browse the Website, we may collect and record information regarding the domain and host from which you access the internet, the internet protocol address of the computer or internet service provider you are using and anonymous website statistical data.
- The Website uses cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookies are text files collected by a user’s web browser. Personal Information will not be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided Personal Information, cookies may be tied to such information.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
- We do not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make Personal Information commercially available to any third party, except as described in this policy or with your prior permission.
- The email address you provide will be used to respond to your enquiries and requests. Your email address shall also be used by us to send you emails that may include legal news, updates, newsletters and related product or service information, etc.
- Please note that communication of information by or through this Website and your receipt or use of such information is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with us or any of our attorneys.
- We take all steps reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information.
- Any Personal Information that we collect and store is protected using appropriate means, and although we are committed to preventing others from unauthorized access to the Personal Information you provide to us, we will not be held responsible for any unauthorized access by third parties.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Your Personal Information shall not be retained for longer than is necessary for the purpose of which we collected or process them, unless otherwise required for the purposes of filing any legal obligation.
- You also have the right to request us to update, amend, correct, complete or delete your Personal Information retained by us through email.
- We may also retain your personal information where necessary for compliance with legal obligation applicable to us, or in order to protect your interests.
OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may also use your Personal Information to deliver information to you that, in some cases, are targeted to your interests. The following are some circumstances under which and people to whom we would share your information with from time-to-time:
- to our trusted partners/ associates/ attorneys who work on behalf of or with us under confidentiality agreements. These entities may use your Personal Information for purposes of responding to your requests or otherwise as necessary;
- to respond to summons, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- from time to time, to reveal general statistical information about our Website and visitors, such as number of visitors, number and type of services purchased, etc.;
- to Government agencies mandated under the law to obtain information including sensitive personal data or information for the purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences. The Government agency shall send a request in writing to us stating clearly the purpose of seeking such information.
CONTACTING THE FIRM